Dr. Aditya M
Ques. how to use tata photon dongle for wifi through laptop?? i use windows 7 , VAIO e series laptop.
Ans.You can do this by Internet connection sharing.
By this your laptop will be sharing the tata photon Internet connection with other devices over WiFi.
To enable ICS, on your host computer:
- Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, typeadapter, and then, under Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.
- Right-click the connection that you want to share, and then click Properties. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Click the Sharing tab, and then select the Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection check box.
After this you need to setup Ad hoc network for wireless connection of other devices.
- Open Network and Sharing Center by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, typenetwork, and then click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Set up a new connection or network.
- Click Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network, click Next, and then follow the steps in the wizard.