IndiaQues. whenever i turn on my laptop and play a song it does not give any output neither on speaker nor headphones,until i reinstall the sound drivers,please help. what is the major problem behind this?,How can i get rid of this?.....please guide!! Dell inspiron i3(4gb,500gb) windows 8
Ans. Suggestions to resolve this problem:
- Check if you have the latest driver for the sound card of your system by checking it on dell's website and entering your model no. in their driver support page.
- Check if the drivers you have installed are really for Windows 8? In case you might have installed drivers for Windows 7 by mistake.
- If you are using the drivers provided in a cd/dvd with the laptop. It is always a better option to go to the manufacturer's website to download all the drivers from there. As they will be the latest versions.
- Reinstall ALL the drivers for your laptop.
- If all else fails you can reset your Windows 8 pc easily by following this guide: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1857531/reset-windows-factory-settings.html
Warning: This will erase all your personal data and you may need to install the drivers again after this procedure.