Ques. I want to connect canon WiFi printer (mx527) to Asus transformer t100 thru photon WiFi max is it possible? In fact canon printer detects photon but Asus transformer is uable to detect the printer on the network.
Ans. You can connect up to 5 devices with TATA pHoton WiFi . So it should have some routing capability.
Try to see what IP your cannon printer is taking by going into network settings of your cannon printer.
Let's say the IP cannon is getting is 192.168.1.5.
Now try to ping this ip from your Asus Transformer , if it is pingable then Photon WiFi routing capability is confirmed.
Now you need to download Cannon MX527 Driver (This file contains the Setup application, MP Drivers and IJ Network Tool necessary for setting your printer up on a network.) for win 8 . and follow the below instructions.
- Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button , and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a printer.
- In the Add Printer wizard, click Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- In the list of available printers, select the one you want to use, and then click Next. (If your computer is connected to a network, only printers listed in Active Directory for your domain are displayed in the list.)
- If prompted, install the printer driver on your computer by clicking Install driver. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Complete the additional steps in the wizard, and then click Finish.