Ques. I am unable to configure my email ID ###@email.com (provided by mail.com) for Microsoft Office Outlook 2013 with Windows 8.1 OS. Can you help me?
Ans. Follow the below instructions and you should be able to configure mail account in Outlook 2013.
1) Select FILE and then click on Add account option.
2) Select Manual setup Option.
3) Select POP or IMAP option.
4) Fill the Details as mentioned.
( Note: User name and email are same)
Account type: Choose IMAP
Incoming mail server: pop.mail.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.mail.com
Fill in all the required fields and click More Settings
Click Advanced and in the Incoming server put 143 and Outgoing server put 587
Now click Outgoing Server and tick My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
After doing the above settings proceed by clicking NEXT.
5) Outlook will test account settings. click on close when both tasks are completed.
6) This is the last setup screen click Finish and you are ready to use your account.